Creating a disciplined exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of working out itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it mostly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to push through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only provides a diversion but also produces the motivation and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be of good use for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, strengthening both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a workout partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and enhance speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in a busy gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you might be concerned about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dust and moisture to some extent, there are a number of accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think of investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, protecting them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become unexpectedly dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!