If you are someone who needs a hearing aid, you have probably already noticed that there are a lot of different brands on the market today. Even though your specialist will probably give you a recommendation, you still need to go through and do your own research to make sure that you are paying the best possible price for the hearing aid that you are purchasing. The price of a hearing aid can vary depending on what features the unit has, as well as the brand name.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Getting the Best Price
1. Go to one of the hearing aid supplier’s sites to compare all of the different prices on hearing aids. There are a few sites that can even offer you a price comparison chart. Try to search for online retailers that can offer you multiple brands and types to allow you to view a broad selection all in one shot.
2. Compare all of the prices for the major manufacturers of hearing aids. Don’t just look at a couple of brands, but rather take the time to browse through all of the options to make sure that you are making the most educated decision that you can.
3. Look at all of the different channels that come with each type of hearing aid. If you choose a hearing aid that has more than 15 channels on it, you will probably end up spending more money than that of the standard hearing aid with less than six channels. Your specialist can help discuss what all of the different channels mean for you and what you are going to need to be able to use your hearing aid to its full capacity.
4. Go through and see which features are included with your hearing aid. Adding on multiple features is only going to increase the price of the hearing aid unit. Some of the available options include the ability to be able to sync your unit with your phone, reduction in background noise, blocking of an echo, compatibility with an FM radio and voice alerts. There may be some features that you absolutely have to have, while there may be others that you can simply do without. Just remember that everything you decide to add onto the unit is going to increase the overall price, so only choose what you need and nothing more to save on your pocketbook.
5. Find out what type of warranty the manufacturer is able to offer you on the unit without having to pay anything extra out of pocket. Some of the models that are more expensive should come equipped with a three-year warranty. You never know when you are going to need the warranty on a product, but it is always better to have one in place for the unexpected “what if.”
6. Find out whether or not you are going to get insurance included in the price of the hearing aid. A lot of the hearing aid companies are able to offer you a standard warranty of one year that will help protect you in the event of any damage or loss. The last thing you want is for something to happen to your hearing aid and you to be left without any coverage to get a new one. But, please remember that loss and damage insurance does have a deductible, which will be noted on your contract.